This video demonstrates how to program the LiftMaster 380UT Universal Remote Control using the Learn button on your garage door opener or wall control panel.
This video is intended for demonstration purposes only. The procedures demonstrated should only be performed by trained, professional installers and service technicians. Safe operation and servicing require you to follow all instructions and safety advisories in the manual.
Liftmaster 380UT 2-Button Universal Remote Control replaces the previous models’ 375Lm and 375UT remotes.
The Universal Remote Control is compatible with most major brands of garage door openers, gate operators, and commercial door operators. It delivers the latest in security and performance. It provides a convenient, cost-effective way to consolidate the number of remotes in your vehicles, replace lost or broken remotes, or complement an existing access system.
Table of Contents
How to Program Liftmaster Remotes 380UT
To program LiftMaster remotes like the 380UT, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the “Learn” button: The “Learn” button is typically found on the back or side of the LiftMaster garage door opener motor unit. It is usually a large, rectangular button with a small LED nearby.
- Clear any existing codes (optional): If you have previously programmed the remote or are unsure, it’s a good idea to clear any existing codes from the opener’s memory. To do this, press the “Learn” button on the motor unit until the LED goes out (usually about 6 seconds). This step ensures that you start with a clean slate.
- Put the opener into programming mode: Press and release the “Learn” button on the motor unit. The LED near the button will light up, indicating that the opener is ready to learn a new remote.
- Program the remote: Within 30 seconds of pressing the “Learn” button, press and hold the button on the remote control you want to program. Hold the button until the LED on the motor unit blinks or the opener clicks, indicating that the remote has been successfully programmed. Release the button.
- Test the remote: Stand within the range of the opener and press the button you just programmed on the remote. The garage door should move. If it doesn’t, repeat the programming process and ensure you follow the steps correctly.
- Repeat for additional remotes (if needed): If you have more than one remote to program, follow steps 4 and 5 for each additional remote. Each remote needs to be programmed individually.
Consider your LiftMaster 380UT remote control manual or the manufacturer’s website for model-specific instructions or troubleshooting steps.
- Operates up to two brands of garage door openers, eliminating the need for multiple remotes on your vehicle visor.
- Universal compatibility allows you to operate two different garage door manufacturers and/or frequencies at the same time.
- 1-year limited warranty.
Safety and Security
- Security+ 2.0® safeguards your household – with every click, a new code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you.
- Tri-band operating frequency virtually eliminates interference and extends range.
380UT is compatible with following brands of Garage Door Openers.
LiftMaster®, Chamberlain®, Craftsman®
- 390MHz, 315MHz, 310MHz Security+2.0
- 390 MHz Security+ Rolling Code
- 315 MHz Security+ Rolling Code
- 390 MHz Billion Code
- 390 MHz Dip Switch (7, 8 and 9 position)
- 390 MHz Rolling Code (Intellicode)
- 315 MHz Rolling Code (Intellicode)
- 390 MHz Dip Switch (9 and 12 position)
- 300 MHz MultiCode
- 318 MHz MegaCode
- 310 MHz Dip Switch (8 positions)
- 310 MHz Rolling Code (SecureCode)
- 310 MHz Dip Switch (10 positions)
- Wayne-Dalton 372 MHz
Note: On residential garage door openers, LiftMaster does not support Pre-1993 garage door openers without photo-eyes.